The Jumeirah area of Dubai is familiar to many locals, expats and tourists for coastal residential villas, shoreline apartments and luxurious hotels and resorts. The popular sandy location, however, is also well known for its lengthy running paths where runners meet for some aerobic exercise. In fact, this is one of the best places to run in Dubai. As for Dubai Running Paths, there is a purpose-built running track that is 14km in length on a flat surface which takes runners on a path alongside Jumeirah Beach, from Dubai Marine Beach Resort all the way to the Burj Al Arab. The 14km running path/track in Dubai that is part of the Jumeirah Corniche project proves popular today thanks to its beach front views. Along the way, there are kiosks to buy food and beverages and when you have a need in ‘Going to the Bathroom on the Run’, there are also public toilets found on the running path on Jumeirah Beach in Dubai. The go-to running spot for many Dubai runners on Jumeirah Beach has great routes worth to try during any time of the year. This is also the location for the upcoming 2017 Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon on January 20. Several options are available: the 4km Fun Run (11:00 am) or the 10km Road Race (9:00 am), if not the Marathon (6:30 am). Registration is available ONLINE ONLY! Some general tips for beginner runners:
- Pre-screening. It is recommended all runners see their doctor for a check-up before starting a running program; this is done to identify if the person has any medical conditions that may put them at a higher risk of experiencing a health problem during the physical activity.
- Start with brisk walking. Then progress to jogging and work up to running.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after a run.
- Avoid running during the hottest part of the day.
- At night or whenever visibility is not at best, wear brightly-colored running gear.